Thursday, December 3, 2009

TUF Finale & Jeff H


So it’s Brendan Schaub vs Roy "Big Country" Nelson in the live finale for TUF on Sat. It should be good. I do want to make a prediction here. Jon Jones and Matt Hamel are fighting in the headliner fight, and not only do believe Jon Jones will win the fight, I believe he will be a force in the UFC. I expect to see great things from him so keep your eye on him.

Jeff H is not only one of my training partners but one of my best friends as well. He and I did our first NAGA event together and it was an incredible experience. I continue to be impressed with Jeff and his Jiu Jitsu development. His skills seem better every time we train. He is dedicated to continual growth and development, and is not given to the ego (meaning he’s willing to try new things, work on weaknesses, and doesn’t feel the need to try to “win” every sparring/rolling session). I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to “train and hang” with Jeffy.

3 comments:

jeffy said...

Thanks, brah!

jeffy said...

Kudos on your prediction re: Jones. Though he didn't technically win the fight since he was disqualified on the stupidest technicality I've seen, he still whipped Matt H.'s arse in a big way. I was stunned to see how he just manhandled him. Even physically it looked like man v. boy, which is interesting since Matt H. is no small fella and was on the receiving-end of complaints in TUF training for being too strong, wild, and out of control. He definitely got tamed last night.

Though Roy Nelson's bravado rubbed me the wrong way during the show, I wasn't too terribly disappointed with his win. I have grown to admire him. He's an unconventional guy with very conventional skills and he using them to great affect. Not only is he technically sound, though, he uses his apparent "disability" (his huge sweaty belly, or HSB as I shall refer to it in the future) to his advantage, making it very difficult for people to shrug him off in side control. Way to do, fat guy!

MJ said...

Yes, I agree Jeff. Jones really made Matt H look bad. He's gonna be a force and will keep getting even better. He seemed to take the "loss" in stride which showed alot of maturity (he knows who really won). I also agree about Big Country. I didn't like him at all on the show but he's grown on me a bit and he did a good job in the finale. Fat guys everywhere have a new hero!